TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER a: GENERAL PROGRAM PROVISIONS
PART 313 COMMUNITY SERVICES
SECTION 313.10 APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FUNDING AS A COMMUNITY SERVICES PROGRAM
Section 313.10 Application Requirements for Funding as a Community Services Program
Applications from Area Projects shall include:
a) A plan for a community needs assessment which shall be conducted annually as the basis for the formulation of the community services program. This plan should address:
1) A compilation and review of the community service area demographic data, such as, but not limited to: total population, ethnic/racial composition, educational levels, dropout and truancy rates, teenage pregnancies, gang activity and juvenile arrests/station adjustments.
2) Interviews with community residents, leaders, youth and others who can identify the unique needs, available resources and current problems. As part of this assessment, the problems present in the community shall be ranked by the residents in terms of their own perception of seriousness.
3) Identification of indigenous leaders who have strong abilities to reflect the needs of their community, identify and understand those needs firsthand and carry influence with their peers and neighbors.
b) A definition of the target group(s) to be served, as dictated by the nature of the community service area itself and the identification and ranking of present problems by the residents.
c) Goals which address the local youth population "at risk", and which are designed to:
1) Develop strategies for community organizing;
2) Change conditions which weaken the community;
3) Advocate on the behalf of the local population, both youth and their families;
4) Utilize the input and involvement of both youth and adult community residents as volunteers;
5) Coordinate existing services to youth to avoid duplication;
6) Provide direct services to youth as a vehicle for member involvement;
7) Reduce the "at risk" youth population in the community.
d) A description of the strategy of the Area Project to provide the service components described in Section 313.8.
e) A budget which details direct costs, indirect costs, units of service to be provided if known, and administrative costs. The budget shall demonstrate that the highest quality and quantity of services possible are being provided for the most reasonable costs possible.
f) A plan for evaluation by the Area Project of its effectiveness and efficiency in achieving its goals.
g) A plan for the programmatic and financial stability of the organization through in-kind or cash contributions.
h) A statement that all State funds will be used to supplement rather than supplant other local funds available for these services. This Section should demonstrate that maximum use is made of existing resources.
i) Proposed membership and by-laws of the Area Project.
j) Demonstration of compliance with Part 313.
k) Detailed identification of the community service area(s) which the applicant proposes to serve.
l) A Table of Organization and a flow chart diagramming the community services system.
m) Cooperative agreements with Department Regions and local field offices.
n) A letter of endorsement/acknowledgement or verification of attempts to secure such a letter from the recognized local board/local service system responsible for the comprehensive community-based youth services planning area(s) which encompasses the Area Project's community service area(s).
o) A statement of compliance with the data collection process developed by DYCS as stated in Section 313.11(a).