TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.1160 TEMPORARY TRANSFERS CASE COORDINATION UNIT TO CASE COORDINATION UNIT
Section 240.1160 Temporary Transfers – Case Coordination Unit to Case Coordination Unit
a) A Community Care Program (CCP) client/authorized representative may request a transfer from the client's Case Coordination Unit (CCU) service area to another CCU service area for a temporary period of time, not to exceed thirty-one (31) calendar days, when the client is temporarily residing with a relative, or other responsible individual, but intends to return to the client's permanent residence. When the temporary transfer exceeds thirty-one (31) calendar days, the transfer is considered to be permanent (refer to Section 240.1130).
b) The managing CCU shall retain primary responsibility for the client and maintenance of the client's original records.
c) To implement the temporary transfer, the managing CCU, within five (5) work days from the date of request or notice of need to transfer, shall:
1) notify the temporary CCU of the impending transfer, the client's name, temporary address and telephone number, the anticipated length of stay and the type and amount of CCP service to be provided, and whether the client has an authorized representative;
2) obtain from the temporary CCU, and provide to the client/authorized representative, a list of authorized and appropriate vendors in the temporary CCU's service area;
3) obtain a completed Client's Vendor Selection form from the client/authorized representative;
4) complete a new Client Agreement – Plan of Care, obtain signatures and forward copies as appropriate;
5) provide the temporary CCU with a copy of the Case Documentation for Determination of Need;
6) prepare and forward a Case Action Notice;
7) authorize the temporary vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided, beginning on the effective service date;
8) provide the temporary vendor with information required for billing for CCP services provided to the client.
d) The temporary vendor shall advise the temporary CCU of any needed adjustments in the client's plan of care.
e) The temporary CCU shall:
1) if advised by the temporary vendor, make a home visit to the client and identify possible needed changes;
2) advise the managing CCU and the temporary vendor of any changes needed in the client's plan of care;
3) monitor the provision of services to the client;
4) advise the managing CCU of the date of the client's expected return to his/her permanent residence.
f) The client/authorized representative shall advise the temporary CCU of the date of the client's expected return to his/her permanent residence no later than five (5) work days prior to the date of the client's return.
g) Upon the client's return to his/her permanent residence, the managing CCU shall:
1) terminate the authorization of the temporary vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided to the client;
2) reinstate authorization for the permanent vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided to the client;
3) notify the permanent vendor of the reinstatement and the first day that services shall be provided to the client by the permanent vendor;
4) prepare and forward a Case Action.
(Source: Added at 13 Ill. Reg. 11193, effective July 1, 1989)