TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.1160 TEMPORARY TRANSFERS CARE COORDINATION UNIT TO CARE COORDINATION UNIT
Section 240.1160 Temporary Transfers – Care Coordination Unit to Care Coordination Unit
a) A CCP participant/authorized representative may request a transfer from the participant's CCU service area to another CCU service area for a temporary period of time, not to exceed 31 calendar days, when the participant is temporarily residing with a relative, or other responsible individual, but intends to return to the participant's permanent residence. When the temporary transfer exceeds 31 calendar days, the transfer is considered to be permanent (see Section 240.1130).
b) The managing CCU shall retain primary responsibility for the participant and maintenance of the participant's original records.
c) To implement the temporary transfer, the managing CCU, within 5 work days after the date of request or notice of need to transfer, shall:
1) notify the temporary CCU of the impending transfer, the participant's name, temporary address and telephone number, the anticipated length of stay and the type and amount of CCP service to be provided, and whether the participant has an authorized representative;
2) obtain from the temporary CCU, and provide to the participant/authorized representative, a list of authorized and appropriate vendors in the temporary CCU's service area;
3) complete a Participant Agreement and Consent Form and obtain signatures from the participant/authorized representative;
4) complete a new Participant Agreement – Person-Centered Plan of Care, obtain signatures and forward copies as appropriate;
5) provide the temporary CCU with a copy of the Case Documentation for Determination of Need;
6) prepare and forward a Participant Agreement − Person-centered Plan of Care;
7) authorize the temporary vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided, beginning on the effective service date;
8) provide the temporary vendor with information required for billing for CCP services provided to the participant.
d) The temporary vendor shall advise the temporary CCU of any needed adjustments in the participant's person-centered plan of care.
e) The temporary CCU shall:
1) if advised by the temporary vendor, make a home visit to the participant and identify possible needed changes;
2) advise the managing CCU and the temporary vendor of any changes needed in the participant's person-centered plan of care;
3) monitor the provision of services to the participant;
4) advise the managing CCU of the date of the participant's expected return to his/her permanent residence.
f) The participant/authorized representative shall advise the temporary CCU of the date of the participant's expected return to his/her permanent residence no later than 5 work days prior to the date of the participant's return.
g) Upon the participant's return to his/her permanent residence, the managing CCU shall:
1) terminate the authorization of the temporary vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided to the participant;
2) reinstate authorization for the permanent vendor to receive payment for CCP services provided to the participant;
3) notify the permanent vendor of the reinstatement and the first day that services shall be provided to the participant by the permanent vendor;
4) prepare and forward a Participant Agreement − Person-Centered Plan of Care.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 20653, effective January 1, 2019)