TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.870 DETERMINATION OF APPLICANT/CLIENT MONTHLY EXPENSE FOR CARE
Section 240.870 Determination of Applicant/Client Monthly Expense for Care
a) The requirements of Section 240.870 are applicable to all CCP clients for services provided prior to July 1, 2010.
b) The amount of the expense that will be incurred monthly for CCP services by the eligible applicant/client shall be determined in the following manner:
1) Calculate available income by:
A) determining applicant/client/family total monthly non-exempt income; and
B) deducting the protected income, which is based upon the effective federal poverty level and the number of persons in the family.
2) Determine the applicant's/client's monthly cost for care by multiplying the units of service provided each month to the applicant/client by the following client fixed fee share rates:
Homemaker – $5.30 per unit
Adult Day Care – $3.50 per unit
3) Select the appropriate CCP Fee Schedule, based upon:
A) the number of persons in the family who are receiving CCP services; and
B) a score of 56 or fewer total points or a score of 57 or more total points on the Determination of Need.
4) If two or more members of a family are receiving CCP services, the selection of the appropriate Fee Schedule to be used under subsection (b)(3) will be based upon the highest point count scored.
5) Use the available income and the applicant's/client's monthly cost for care with the appropriate Fee Schedule to determine the amount of applicant/client expense that will be incurred monthly for CCP services.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 8919, effective June 2, 2011)