TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.740 ASSESSMENT OF NEED
Section 240.740 Assessment of Need
a) The determination of need for Community Care Program (CCP) services shall be administered by Case Coordination Unit (CCU) case managers or Department personnel/designees who are technically competent persons certified by the Department to perform determinations of need.
b) Such certification shall result from the successful completion of training which includes, but is not limited to, the following topics.
1) financial eligibility determination (refer to Sections 240.800 through 240.875);
2) administration of the Determination of Need instrument (refer to Section 240.715);
3) plan of care development and implementation;
4) performance of nursing home prescreenings (refer to Section 240.1010); and
5) form utilization and flow.
c) Scoring of the CCP Determination of Need (DON) shall be accomplished without regard to the capability of CCP vendor(s) to totally meet the determined needs of the applicant/client.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 11193, effective July 1, 1989)