TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 240 COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
SECTION 240.280 INDIVIDUAL PROVIDER
Section 240.280 Individual Provider
a) An individual provider is selected, employed, trained and supervised by the client, or authorized representative and reimbursed by the Department on behalf of the client, with the following exceptions:
1) spouses shall not be reimbursed for Community Care Program (CCP) care for spouses, or
2) parents shall not be reimbursed for CCP care for dependent children.
b) Service components shall include the following as specified in the plan of care and under specific direction of the client or authorized representative:
1) Performing tasks relating to shopping and responsibility for appropriately handling money, deposits, bill paying, etc.
2) Performing routine housekeeping tasks such as making and changing beds, dusting, washing dishes, vacuuming, cleaning and waxing floors, keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean, laundering the client's linens and clothing, meal preparation, and home maintenance and repairs as defined in Section 240.160.
3) Providing transportation/escort to medical facilities, essential errands, shopping or essential client business with the client as specified in the plan of care.
4) Assisting with personal care task (e.g., assistance with medication, limited to uncapping medication and providing the proper liquid and utensil with which to take the medication; shaving; hair shampooing and combing; assistance with sponge bath or shower bath; assistance with tub bath which is limited to preparing and monitoring only when the client is able to enter and exit the tub by him/herself; dressing; brushing and cleaning teeth or dentures and preparation of appropriate supplies).
5) Observing client's functioning and reporting to the Case Coordination Unit.
c) The individual provider service is a closed caseload and is not available to new applicants/clients who currently are not receiving this service.
d) Unit of Service
One unit of individual provider service is one hour of direct service provided to the client in the client's home; while transporting/escorting the client to medical facilities; while performing essential errands/shopping or conducting essential client business with/on behalf of the client.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 609, effective February 1, 1994)