TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT ON AGING
PART 230 OLDER AMERICANS ACT PROGRAMS
SECTION 230.240 PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS
Section 230.240 Provider Requirements
All service providers shall comply with procedures established by the area agency on aging for:
a) Outreach activities to ensure participation of eligible older persons;
b) Training and use of elderly and other volunteers and paid personnel;
c) Coordination with other service providers in the planning and service area;
d) All service providers shall follow priorities set by the area agency on aging for serving older persons with greatest economic or social need. Service providers may not use a means test.
e) Each service provider shall:
1) Provide each older person with a free and voluntary opportunity to contribute to the cost of the service;
2) Protect the privacy of each older person with respect to his or her contribution;
3) Establish appropriate procedures to safeguard and account for all contributions; and
4) Use all contributions to expand the services of the provider under this Part. Nutrition services providers must use all contributions to increase the number of meals served.
f) A service provider that receives funds under this subpart shall not deny any older person a service because the older person will not or cannot contribute to the cost of the service.
g) Contributions made by older persons shall be considered program income.
h) Each service provider shall:
1) Assure that funds under Title III of the Older Americans Act of 1965 are not used to replace funds from non-Federal sources; and
2) Agree to continue or to initiate efforts to obtain support from private sources and other public organizations for services funded under this subpart.
i) Each service provider under the area plan shall have procedures for obtaining the views of participants about the services they receive.