TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
PART 114 GENERAL ASSISTANCE
SECTION 114.251 EXEMPT ASSETS
Section 114.251 Exempt Assets
a) The following assets are exempt from consideration in determining eligibility for assistance:
1) Homestead property.
2) Household furnishings.
3) Clothing and personal effects.
4) One motor vehicle.
5) The principal and interest of a court-ordered trust fund established for a child which, upon petition, the court refuses to release and one-time only payments released for a specific purpose other than the income maintenance needs of the child.
6) Donations or benefits from fund raisers held for a seriously ill client provided the client or responsible relative of the client does not have control over the donations or benefits or the disbursement of the donations or benefits and the donations or benefits are not available to the client or the responsible relative.
7) A federal income tax refund received after December 31, 2009 and before January 1, 2013.
b) The following payments are also exempt:
1) The value of any savings in which the money is accumulated from the earnings of a child.
2) Any payment received under Title I of P.L. 100-383 of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 (50 USC 1989b through 1989b-8).
3) Any payment received under Title II of P.L. 100-383 of the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands Restitution Act (50 USC 1989c through 1989c-8).
4) Payments made by the Illinois Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities under the Family Assistance Program for Mentally Disabled Children under PA 86-921.
5) Disaster relief payments provided by federal, State or local governments or a disaster assistance organization.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 18766, effective October 28, 2011)