TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
PART 113 AID TO THE AGED, BLIND OR DISABLED
SECTION 113.264 REFUGEES INELIGIBLE FOR SSI
Section 113.264 Refugees Ineligible for SSI
a) An allowance of 90% of the current maximum SSI payment amount per month is authorized to be provided to persons who are ineligible for SSI due to the expiration of the period of eligibility for certain noncitizens pursuant to 8 USC 1612(a)(2)(A).
b) This group includes noncitizens who entered the U.S. under one of the following immigrant classifications:
1) Refugee admitted under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 USC 1157);
2) Asylee admitted under section 208 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 USC 1158);
3) Cuban/Haitian immigrant admitted under section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980 (PL 96-422);
4) Amerasian immigrant admitted under section 584 of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 1988 (Act) (as contained in section 101(e) of PL 100-202, as amended by PL 100-461);
5) Deportation withheld under section 243(h) or section 241(b)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 USC 1253); and
6) Victims of trafficking, or the minor child, spouse, parent or sibling of the trafficking victim, who have been certified by or whose status has been verified by the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
c) No other allowances will be authorized.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 22654, effective November 20, 2014)