TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
PART 112 TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE FOR NEEDY FAMILIES
SECTION 112.148 PAYMENTS FROM THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
Section 112.148 Payments from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
Foster Care Payments
a) The following foster care payments made by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) are to be considered exempt unearned income when determining the eligibility of the assistance unit (exclusive of the foster child and his or her child or children, if any).
1) Basic maintenance payments.
2) Special service fee payments.
3) Intensive service fee payments.
4) Monthly retainer fee payments.
5) Adoption Subsidies.
b) Independent living arrangement payments.
1) Payments made by DCFS to wards living independently of a foster home shall be considered nonexempt unearned income when determining the eligibility of the ward and his or her child or children for cash assistance.
2) Wards of DCFS who are receiving Independent Living Arrangement payments must be included in the assistance unit with their child or children, if otherwise eligible.
(Source: Amended at 19 Ill. Reg. 7883, effective June 5, 1995)