TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER b: ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
PART 112 TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE FOR NEEDY FAMILIES
SECTION 112.71 INDIVIDUALS EXEMPT FROM TANF EMPLOYMENT AND WORK ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
Section 112.71 Individuals Exempt from TANF Employment and Work Activity Requirements
a) An individual shall be exempt from TANF Employment and Work Activity Requirements when that individual:
1) Is a child who is not a parent.
2) Is the parent or other caretaker relative of a child under age one in the home who is personally providing care for the child.
A) Only one person in a case may be exempted for this reason.
B) A parent under age 20, without a high school diploma or equivalent, cannot claim this exemption unless his or her youngest child is under 12 weeks of age.
3) Is 60 years of age or older.
4) Is an adult in a family when only children are receiving TANF benefits and the adult is not the parent of the children who are receiving TANF.
5) Is a parent in a family when only children are receiving TANF benefits and the parent is a minor parent who is not the head of household or spouse of the head of household.
6) Is a parent in a family when only children are receiving TANF benefits and the parent is an alien who is ineligible to receive assistance due to his or her immigration status.
7) Is a parent in a family when only children are receiving TANF benefits and the parent is a recipient of Supplemental Security Income benefits.
8) Is a parent providing care for a disabled family member living in the home who does not attend school on a full-time basis.
b) Exemption from TANF Employment and Work Activity does not equate to exemption from the 60-month lifetime limit.
(Source: Amended at 32 Ill. Reg. 2767, effective February 7, 2008)