TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 785 JOINT RULES OF THE ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION, THE OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL, AND THE ILLINOIS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY: FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY SERVICES FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES
SECTION 785.20 INCORPORATION OF NATIONAL CODES AND STANDARDS
Section 785.20 Incorporation of National Codes and Standards
a) The Agencies adopt as their rules the following portions of the NESC (1990 edition, approved June 26, 1989):
1) Section 2 (Definitions of Special Terms).
2) Section 9 (Grounding Methods of Electric Supply and Communications Facilities).
b) The Agencies adopt as their rules the following portions of the NFPA Fire Codes (1991) edition:
1) Code 70, National Electric Code (effective Feb. 21, 1991).
2) Code 72, Standard for the Installation, Maintenance, and Use of Protective Signaling Systems (effective 8-17-90).
3) Code 72E, Standard on Automatic Fire Detectors (effective 8-17-90).
4) Code 10, Portable Fire Extinguishers (effective 8-17-90).
5) Code 12A, Halon 1301 Systems (effective 3-8-89).
6) Code 12B, Halon 1211 Systems (effective 8-17-90).
7) Code 13, Standard on Sprinkler System Installation (effective 2-6-91).
8) Code 13A, Standard on Sprinkler System Maintenance (effective 12-30-86).
c) The Agencies adopt as their rules the following ASTM standards (1991 edition): D2863-87, Standard Test Method for Measuring the Minimum Oxygen Concentration to Support Candle-like Combustion of Plastics (Oxygen Index) (effective 3-27-87).
d) Footnotes and notes which reference provisions of the NESC, NFPA or ASTM which have not been expressly adopted by the Agencies shall not be construed to incorporate such provisions into this Part.
e) This incorporation does not include any later amendments or editions.