TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 772 PAY-PER-CALL SERVICES
SECTION 772.110 NOTICES
Section 772.110 Notices
a) The local exchange carrier shall provide disclosure statements setting forth all rights and obligations of the subscriber and the carrier with respect to the use and payment of pay-per-call services to:
1) All telephone subscribers no later than January 1, 1995;
2) All new telephone subscribers no later than 60 days after service is established;
3) All telephone subscribers requesting service at a new location no later than 60 days after service is established; and
4) All subscribers at least twice per year thereafter.
b) Subscribers must be informed of the following provisions either on the subscriber's monthly bill or as a disclosure statement as specified in 772.110(a):
1) Whether free blocking is available to subscribers;
2) If applicable, how a non-recurring charge to block or unblock may apply to subscribers after the one-time free blocking;
3) That, if applicable, non-payment of pay-per-call charges may result in involuntary blocking to the pay-per-call programs;
4) That non-payment of pay-per-call charges may result in collection activity by the information provider or the telecommunications carrier, their agents or assigns;
5) That partial payments will be applied first to basic telecommunication charges, then to pay-per-call charges;
6) That requests to unblock pay-per-call services must be in writing;
7) That subscribers are required to dispute pay-per-call charges within 60 days after the issue date of such charges to qualify for the one-time waiver. Credits resulting from disputed pay-per-call charges that are determined by the local exchange carrier after investigation to have been billed to the wrong telephone number or billed at the incorrect rate shall be considered in error and shall not be considered a waiver; and
8) That subscribers should not be billed for pay-per-call services not offered in compliance with all applicable State laws and regulations.
c) If the local exchange carrier includes pay-per-call charges on a final notice sent pursuant to 83 Ill. Adm. Code 735, such charges shall be segregated from the amounts the subscriber must pay to avoid disconnection. The final notice shall state that only the amounts excluding pay-per-call charges must be paid to avoid disconnection.
d) All local exchange carriers shall comply with the notice requirements of subsection (c) by November 1, 1995. Any local exchange carrier may request a waiver of this compliance date by filing a petition for a waiver pursuant to 83 Ill. Adm. Code 200. In determining whether to grant such a waiver, the Commission shall consider the costs to the local exchange carrier of compliance with the requirement, the local exchange carrier's projected date for compliance with the notice requirements, and whether the local exchange carrier has procedures in effect currently that will ensure that subscribers are not disconnected for failure to pay the outstanding pay-per-call charges.