TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 771 PAY TELEPHONE PROVIDERS
SECTION 771.300 STANDARDIZED NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Section 771.300 Standardized Notice to the Public
All public use pay telephones shall have the following features:
a) An informational message by voice recording at no charge or by visual display in, on, or adjacent to each pay telephone explaining:
1) The general operation of the pay telephone;
2) Dialing instructions for obtaining emergency assistance;
3) Identification of 9-1-1 as the primary emergency telephone number to be used when dialing from pay telephones in an authorized 9-1-1 system;
4) Dialing instructions for operator services and directory assistance;
5) Instructions on how to use any TT equipment supplied by the pay telephone provider;
6) The blocking of incoming calls if the telephone will not accept incoming calls; and
7) Any maximum duration of incoming calls.
b) Visually displayed informational messages providing the following notices must be in 9 point type or 7 point type, if bilingual:
1) The pay telephone provider's name, a mailing address and the telephone number that will enable the caller to contact the pay telephone provider 24 hours a day with, at a minimum, the provision of a voice response unit;
2) The procedure used to report service problems or to request a credit or refund, if the pay telephone provider contact is different from that provided pursuant to subsection (b)(1); and
3) The identity of any OSPs to which the pay telephone is presubscribed.
c) Pay telephones located in areas served by a basic 9-1-1 system shall include the pay telephone location, either by a specific street address or descriptive location. The presence and accuracy of the information shall be confirmed by the pay telephone provider once per year and that confirmation shall be deemed to be in compliance with this Section.
d) If separate TT numbers apply to the requirements listed in subsections (a) and (b) of this Section, then those numbers shall also be posted on the pay telephone.
e) All certificated pay telephone providers shall comply with the notice requirements of this Subpart C by July 1, 2000.