TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 770 OPERATOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
SECTION 770.20 STANDARDS OF SERVICE
Section 770.20 Standards of Service
a) Each provider of operator services shall:
1) identify itself, audibly and distinctly, to the consumer at the beginning of each telephone call and before the consumer incurs any charge for the call;
2) permit the consumer to terminate the telephone call at no charge before the call is connected; and
3) disclose immediately to the consumer, upon request and at no charge to the consumer:
A) a quotation of its rates or charges for the call;
B) the methods by which such rates or charges will be collected; and
C) the methods by which complaints concerning such rates, charges, or collection practices will be resolved.
b) Each aggregator, person, or entity owning or controlling the telephone instrument shall post the following on or near the telephone instrument, in plain view of consumers:
1) the name, address, and toll-free telephone number of the provider of operator services;
2) a written disclosure that the rates for all operator-assisted calls are available on request, and that consumers have a right to obtain access to the carrier of their choice and may contact their preferred carrier for information on accessing that carrier's service using that telephone.
c) Each aggregator shall ensure by contract or tariff that each of its telephones presubscribed to a provider of operator services allows the consumer to use "800", "950", and equal access code numbers (for example, "10XXX 0+") to obtain access to the provider of operator services desired by the consumer.
d) Access to carriers via equal access codes shall be provided to consumers where equal access is available, according to the unblocking requirements in Section 770.30 of this Part.
e) All 9-1-1 telephone calls shall be directed to the network as dialed.
f) Upon receipt of any emergency telephone call, a provider of operator services shall immediately connect the call to the appropriate emergency service of the reported location of the emergency, if known, and, if not known, of the originating location of the call.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 13053, effective September 1, 1994)