TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 736 SERVICE QUALITY AND CUSTOMER PROTECTION APPLICABLE TO WIRELESS ELIGIBLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CARRIERS
SECTION 736.700 COMMISSION COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
Section 736.700 Commission Complaint Procedures
a) Before the Commission will allow the filing of a formal complaint by a WETC applicant, customer, user or WETC an informal complaint shall be filed with the Commission's Consumer Services Division.
b) The informal complaint:
1) should be in writing but may be initiated by telephone or in person at the offices of the Commission; and
2) shall provide the following information to the Commission:
A) the name, address and telephone number of the applicant, customer, or user,
B) the name of the WETC involved,
C) the nature of the complaint in a clear and concise manner, and
D) the specific relief requested.
c) Upon receipt of the informal complaint, the Consumer Services Division shall:
1) advise the WETC complained of that a complaint has been filed against it; the party complained of must respond to the Consumer Services Division within 14 days;
2) review and investigate the complaint;
3) advise the parties of the results of the investigation within a reasonable time not to exceed 14 days following receipt of a complete response from the WETC. By agreement of the parties and the Consumer Services Division, these time limits may be extended.
d) Service shall not be discontinued for the reason that is the subject of the complaint during the pendency of any proceeding (formal/informal) before the Commission pursuant to the provisions of this Section so long as the customer has complied with the provisions of Section 736.695(c).