TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER f: TELEPHONE UTILITIES
PART 736 SERVICE QUALITY AND CUSTOMER PROTECTION APPLICABLE TO WIRELESS ELIGIBLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS CARRIERS
SECTION 736.610 CUSTOMER BILLING
Section 736.610 Customer Billing
a) A WETC shall issue bills to customers on a monthly basis. Bills shall be itemized as set forth in subsection (b) of this Section.
b) Itemization of charges
1) All bills shall contain an itemization of charges. Itemization of every monthly billing shall include, but not be limited to:
A) the phone number of the appropriate WETC business office;
B) the due date of the bill; and
C) the separate listing of the following:
i) federal, state and local taxes, and
ii) federal universal service charges.
2) Upon request, a WETC shall provide its customers with an itemization of service and equipment charges once every calendar year free of charge. This itemization shall also include the phone number of the local WETC business office that the customer may contact to receive further information concerning the service and equipment charges listed on such itemization.
c) Customer bills sent through the United State mail shall be in envelopes and shall include return envelopes for payment of customer bills, unless the customer has elected to pay the bill electronically.
d) Unbilled Service
1) Bills for service supplied by a WETC must be rendered within one year of the date such service was supplied. No customer shall be liable for any amount of unbilled service after one year. A WETC is not restricted to this one year limitation on unbilled service if a WETC has reason to believe that the customer used a device or scheme to obtain service without payment and where the WETC has so notified the customer prior to disconnection.
2) When delinquency occurs following the issuance of a bill for previously unbilled service, except when the customer has avoided payment as described in subsection (d)(1), a WETC shall review the bill with the customer, and shall offer to accept payments toward the liquidation of the amount of unbilled service over a period mutually agreed to by the WETC and customer. This period of time shall be at least as long as the period over which the unbilled or underbilled service was provided.
1) In the event that a customer pays a bill as submitted by a WETC and that billing is later found to be incorrect due to an error either in charging more than the published rate, in measuring the quantity or volume of service provided, or in charging for the incorrect class of service, the WETC shall refund the overcharge from the date of overpayment by the customer.
2) The refund shall be accomplished by a credit on a subsequent bill for the WETC's service, or by check if the account is final.
3) Interest on any refund shall be at the rate set by the Commission pursuant to 83 Ill. Adm. Code 735.120.
f) If the WETC offers electronic billing, customers may elect to have their bills sent electronically. Such bills shall be transmitted with instructions for payment. Information sent electronically shall be deemed to satisfy any requirement in this Part that such information be printed or written on a customer bill. Bills rendered in accordance with this Section may be paid electronically, provided that nothing in this Section shall be construed to prevent a WETC from accepting payment electronically or by the use of a customer-preferred financially accredited credit or debit methodology.