TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 467 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF LARGE DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 467.APPENDIX F INTERCONNECTION FACILITIES STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 467.APPENDIX F Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Whereas, the interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modify an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection request
Whereas, the interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility with the EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, the EDC has completed an interconnection system impact study and provided the results of that study to interconnection customer; and
Whereas, the interconnection customer has requested the EDC to perform an interconnection facilities study to specify and estimate the cost of the equipment, engineering, procurement and construction work needed to interconnect the distributed generation facility;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained in this Agreement, the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 467.20 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. The interconnection customer elects and the EDC shall cause an interconnection facilities study consistent with Section 467.70 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection facilities study shall be determined by the information provided in Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. An interconnection facilities study report (1) shall provide a description, estimated cost of system upgrades, and schedule for required facilities to interconnect the distributed generation facility to the EDC's electric distribution system; and (2) shall address all issues identified in the interconnection system impact study (or identified in this study if the system impact study is combined with this Agreement).
5. The interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit equal to 100 percent of the estimated non-binding study costs if the initial application fee deposit has been depleted.
6. In cases in which no system upgrades are required, the interconnection facilities study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to the interconnection customer within 15 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties. In cases in which system upgrades are required, the interconnection facilities study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to the interconnection customer within 35 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties or the complete study deposit has been received by the EDC, whichever is later. The study will not commence until the deposit has been received by the EDC.
7. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and will be invoiced to the interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to the interconnection customer. The invoice shall include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
8. The interconnection customer shall pay any actual study costs that exceed the deposit within 30 calendar days after receipt of the invoice. The EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount within 30 calendar days after the invoice.
In witness whereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Minimum Information that the Interconnection Customer Must Provide
with the Interconnection Facilities Study Agreement
Provide location plan and simplified one-line diagram of the distributed generation facilities.
For staged projects, please indicate size and location of planned additional future generation.
On the one-line diagram, indicate the generation capacity attached at each metering location. (Maximum load on CT/PT)
On the one-line diagram, indicate the location of auxiliary power. (Minimum load on CT/PT) Amps
One set of metering is required for each generation connection to the EDC's electric distribution system.
Will an alternate source of auxiliary power be available during CT/PT maintenance?
Will a transfer bus on the generation side of the metering require that each meter set be designed for the total distributed generation capacity?
Please provide a scale drawing of the site. Indicate the point of common coupling, distribution line, and property lines.
To be completed in coordination with EDC.
Is the distributed generation facility located in EDC's service area?
Please provide the following proposed schedule dates: