TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 467 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF LARGE DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 467.APPENDIX E INTERCONNECTION SYSTEM IMPACT STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 467.APPENDIX E Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Whereas, the interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modify an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection request
Whereas, interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility to the EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, the EDC has completed an interconnection feasibility study and provided the results of the study to the interconnection customer (this recital to be omitted if the Parties have agreed to forego the interconnection feasibility study); and
Whereas, the interconnection customer has requested the EDC to perform an interconnection system impact study to assess the impact of interconnecting the distributed generation facility to the EDC's electric distribution system;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained in this Agreement the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 467.20 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. The interconnection customer elects and the EDC shall cause to be performed an interconnection system impact study consistent with Section 467.70 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the information set forth in the interconnection request application form and in Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. The interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the interconnection feasibility study and the technical information provided by interconnection customer in the interconnection request application form. The EDC reserves the right to request additional technical information from interconnection customer. If the interconnection customer modifies its proposed point of interconnection or interconnection request, or the technical information provided in the request is modified, the time to complete the interconnection system impact study may be extended.
5. The interconnection system impact study report shall provide the following information:
5.1 Identification of any equipment short circuit capability limits exceeded as a result of the interconnection;
5.2 Identification of any thermal overload or voltage limit violations resulting from the interconnection;
5.3 Identification of any instability or inadequately damped response to system disturbances resulting from the interconnection; and
5.4 Description and non-binding estimated cost of facilities required to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system and to address the identified short circuit, thermal overload, voltage and instability issues, as required under Section 467.70(e)(2) of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
6. The interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit equal to 100 percent of the estimated non-binding study costs if the initial application fee deposit has been depleted. If the initial application fee deposit has been depleted, the study will not commence until the study deposit has been received by the EDC.
7. The interconnection system impact study, if required, shall be completed and the results transmitted to the interconnection customer within 45 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties or the complete study deposit has been received by the EDC, whichever is later.
8. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and shall be invoiced to the interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to the interconnection customer. The invoice shall include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
9. The interconnection customer shall pay any study costs that exceed the deposit within 30 calendar days after receipt of the invoice. EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount within 30 calendar days after the invoice.
In witness thereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Assumptions Used in Conducting the Interconnection System Impact Study
The interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the results of the interconnection feasibility study, subject to any modifications in accordance with Section 467.70 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard, and the following assumptions:
Point of interconnection and configuration to be studied to the extent it is different from the information provided in the application or feasibility study.
Note: This Attachment A is to be completed by mutual agreement of the Parties. Any additional assumptions (explained below) may be provided by either the interconnection customer or the EDC.