TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 467 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF LARGE DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 467.APPENDIX D INTERCONNECTION FEASIBILITY STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 467.APPENDIX D Interconnection Feasibility Study Agreement
Interconnection Feasibility Study Agreement
Whereas, interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modify an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection request
Whereas, interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility with EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, interconnection customer has requested EDC to perform an interconnection feasibility study to assess the feasibility of interconnecting the proposed distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained in this Agreement the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 467.20 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. The Interconnection customer elects and the EDC shall cause to be performed an interconnection feasibility study consistent with Section 467.70 of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection feasibility study shall be based upon the information set forth in the interconnection request application form and Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. The interconnection feasibility study shall be based on the technical information provided by interconnection customer in the interconnection request application form, as modified with the agreement of the Parties. The EDC has the right to request additional technical information from the interconnection customer during the course of the interconnection feasibility study. If the interconnection customer modifies its interconnection request, the time to complete the interconnection feasibility study may be extended by the EDC.
5. In performing the study, the EDC shall rely on existing studies of recent vintage to the extent practical. The interconnection customer will not be charged for existing studies; however, interconnection customer is responsible for the cost of applying any existing study to the interconnection customer specific requirements and for any new study that the EDC performs.
6. The interconnection feasibility study report must provide the following information:
6.1 Identification of any equipment short circuit capability limits exceeded as a result of the interconnection;
6.2 Identification of any thermal overload or voltage limit violations resulting from the interconnection; and
6.3 A description and non-binding estimated cost of facilities required to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system, as required under Section 467.70(e)(1) of the Illinois Large Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
7. The interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit equal to 100 percent of the estimated non-binding study costs if the initial application fee deposit has been depleted. If the initial application fee deposit has been depleted, the study will not commence until the study deposit has been received by the EDC.
8. The interconnection feasibility study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to the interconnection customer within 45 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties or the complete study deposit has been received by the EDC, whichever is later.
9. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and will be invoiced to interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to the interconnection customer. The invoice must include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
10. The interconnection customer shall pay any actual study costs that exceed the deposit, without interest, within 30 calendar days after receipt of the invoice. The EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount, without interest, within 30 calendar days after the invoice.
In witness whereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection Feasibility Study Agreement
Assumptions Used in Conducting the Interconnection Feasibility Study
The interconnection feasibility study will be based upon the information in the interconnection request application form.
Information concerning the point of interconnection and configuration to be studied that is not otherwise provided in the application.
Note: This Attachment is to be completed by mutual agreement of the Parties. Any additional assumptions (explained below) may be provided by either the interconnection customer or the EDC.