TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 466 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 466.APPENDIX F INTERCONNECTION SYSTEM IMPACT STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 466.APPENDIX F Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Whereas, interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modifying an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection request
Whereas, interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, EDC has completed an interconnection feasibility study and provided the results of said study to interconnection customer (this recital to be omitted if the Parties have agreed to forego the interconnection feasibility study); and
Whereas, interconnection customer has requested EDC to perform an interconnection system impact study to assess the impact of interconnecting the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained herein the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 466.30 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. Interconnection customer elects and EDC shall cause to be performed an interconnection system impact study consistent with Section 466.120 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the information set forth in the interconnection request application form and in Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. The interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the interconnection feasibility study and the technical information provided by interconnection customer in the interconnection request application form. EDC reserves the right to request additional technical information from interconnection customer. If interconnection customer modifies its proposed point of interconnection, interconnection request, or the technical information provided therein is modified, the time to complete the interconnection system impact study may be extended.
5. The interconnection system impact study report shall provide the following information:
5.1 Identification of any equipment short circuit capability limits exceeded as a result of the interconnection,
5.2 Identification of any thermal overload or voltage limit violations resulting from the interconnection,
5.3 Identification of any instability or inadequately damped response to system disturbances resulting from the interconnection, and
5.4 Description and non-binding estimated cost of facilities required to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system and to address the identified short circuit, thermal overload, voltage and instability issues as required under Section 466.120(e)(2).
6. Interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit equal to 100% of the estimated non-binding study costs at least 20 business days prior to the date upon which the study commences.
7. The interconnection system impact study, if required, shall be completed and the results transmitted to interconnection customer within 25 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties.
8. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and shall be invoiced to interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to interconnection customer. The invoice shall include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
9. Interconnection customer shall pay any study costs that exceed the deposit within 30 calendar days after receipt of the invoice. EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount within 30 calendar days of the invoice.
In witness thereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Assumptions Used in Conducting the Interconnection System Impact Study
The interconnection system impact study shall be based upon the results of the interconnection feasibility study, subject to any modifications in accordance with Section 466.120 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard, and the following assumptions:
1. Point of interconnection and configuration to be studied.
2. Alternative Points of interconnection and configurations to be studied.
Note: 1 and 2 are to be completed by the interconnection customer. Any additional assumptions (explained below) may be provided by either the interconnection customer or the EDC.