TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 452 STANDARDS OF CONDUCT AND FUNCTIONAL SEPARATION
SECTION 452.240 ADVERTISING, MARKETING, AND CUSTOMER RETENTION EFFORTS
Section 452.240 Advertising, Marketing, and Customer Retention Efforts
a) An Integrated Distribution Company shall not promote, advertise or market with regard to the offering or provision of any retail electric supply service.
b) The advertising and marketing prohibition of subsection (a) shall not preclude an IDC from:
1) advertising or marketing permissible IDC services other than retail electric supply services;
2) using the electric utility company corporate name and logo in connection with the offering or provision of permissible IDC services;
3) engaging in advertising or marketing generally promoting the public image and good will of the IDC as a provider of transmission and distribution services;
4) meeting its obligations for consumer education programs as set forth in Section 16-117 of the Act [220 ILCS 5/16-117], or otherwise engaging in legitimate consumer education efforts; or
5) meeting the customer notification requirements specified in Section 16-110 [220 ILCS 5/16-110] for the power purchase option.
c) No IDC employee or agent shall state or imply that access to or quality of service for delivery of electricity is, or will be, better if the customer retains, switches to, or otherwise obtains any retail electric supply service from the IDC.
d) No IDC employee or agent shall affirmatively prompt customer inquiries about the quality of the IDC's retail electric supply services. No IDC shall disparage the quality of an alternative retail electric supplier's services.
e) No IDC employee or agent shall affirmatively act to retain or obtain a customer for any retail electric supply service offered or provided by the IDC.