TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 451 CERTIFICATION OF ALTERNATIVE RETAIL ELECTRIC SUPPLIERS
SECTION 451.30 REQUIRED FILINGS AND PROCEDURES
Section 451.30 Required Filings and Procedures
a) The applicant shall publish, as provided by the Notice by Publication Act [715 ILCS 5], notice of its application for certification in the Official State Newspaper within 10 days following the filing of the application for certification. The applicant shall file proof of publication with the Clerk of the Commission within 5 days after publication.
b) All applications for certification under this Part shall be verified as required by Section 200.130 of the Commission's "Rules of Practice" (83 Ill. Adm. Code 200.130).
c) The applicant shall identify the geographic area or geographic areas in which the applicant seeks to be authorized to offer service and the types of services it intends to offer. The applicant shall provide the following:
1) Description of the applicant's business;
2) Description of the characteristics of customer group or groups applicant proposes to serve; and
3) Proof that notification of intent to serve in any utility's service area has been previously provided to the agent designated by the electric utility pursuant to 83 Ill. Adm. Code 215.10 of each electric utility in whose service area the applicant intends to serve.
d) Itemized filing requirements
1) At the time an ARES files an application for certification under this Part, the applicant shall also file its statement in support of application, supporting documents, and schedules containing information showing that the applicant meets the requirements of Section 16-115 of the Act; and
2) The applicant shall certify compliance with all terms and conditions required by Sections 16-115A(a), (b), and (f), 16-119, 16-123, 16-125(b) and (c), 16-127, and 16-128(a) of the Act, to the extent those Sections have application to the services being offered by the alternative electric supplier.
e) Documents shall include the full name, address, telephone number and, unless the applicant has no facsimile number or e-mail address, facsimile number and e-mail address of the applicant. An applicant shall state whether it agrees to accept service by electronic means as provided for in Section 200.1050 of the Commission's "Rules of Practice" (83 Ill. Adm. Code 200.1050). In addition, documents shall be typewritten or printed on white paper 8½ inches by 11 inches or capable of being printed on white paper 8½ inches by 11 inches and shall have inside text margins of not less than one inch.
f) The foregoing requirements of this Section shall apply to neither electric cooperatives or municipal systems making an election under Section 17-300 of the Act to become an ARES nor to applicants filing under Section 16-115(e) of the Act.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 15283, effective September 25, 2010)