TITLE 80: PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES
SUBTITLE C: LABOR RELATIONS
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
PART 1210 REPRESENTATION PROCEEDINGS
SECTION 1210.65 DECLARATION OF DISINTEREST PETITION
Section 1210.65 Declaration of Disinterest Petition
a) A labor organization that has been certified by the Board or historically recognized pursuant to Section 9 of the Act as the exclusive bargaining representative of a bargaining unit may file a Declaration of Disinterest petition with the Board to declare its disinterest in further representation of that bargaining unit. The petition shall be on a Board-designated form, signed, and shall contain the following:
1) the name, address, telephone number and affiliation, if any, of the petitioning labor organization and its representative;
2) the name, address and telephone number of the employer;
3) a specific and detailed description of the bargaining unit, including employee classifications or job titles;
4) the approximate number of employees in the bargaining unit;
5) the date that the exclusive representative was recognized and the method of recognition, if known;
6) a brief description of any collective bargaining agreements covering any employees in the bargaining unit, and the expiration dates of the agreements; and
7) A declaration that the labor organization waives and disclaims any right to represent the bargaining unit employees.
b) The Board shall investigate the petition. If the Board determines that 12 months have passed since the certification of the labor organization, and that the petition is otherwise appropriate, the Board shall notify the labor organization that its petition has been approved and, where the labor organization had previously been certified by the Board, shall issue a revocation of the prior certification. Upon receipt of this notification of approval, the duties and responsibilities of the labor organization to that bargaining unit shall cease.
(Source: Added at 27 Ill. Reg. 7393, effective May 1, 2003)