TITLE 80: PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES
SUBTITLE C: LABOR RELATIONS
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS EDUCATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
PART 1110 REPRESENTATION PROCEDURES
SECTION 1110.60 DECERTIFICATION PETITIONS
Section 1110.60 Decertification Petitions
a) A petition to decertify an existing exclusive representative may be filed by an employee or group of employees. The Board shall serve the petition on the exclusive representative and on the employer. The petition shall be on a form developed by the Board. It shall be signed and shall contain the following:
1) the name and address of the petitioner;
2) the name, address, and affiliation, if any, of the exclusive representative;
3) the name and address of the employer;
4) a description of the bargaining unit;
5) the approximate number of employees in the bargaining unit;
6) the date that the exclusive representative was recognized and the method of recognition, if known; and
7) a brief description of any collective bargaining agreements covering any employees in the bargaining unit, and the expiration dates of the agreements.
b) An employer shall not instigate or lend support to a decertification petition. Allegations that an employer has violated this subsection may be raised in motions to dismiss the decertification petition, objections to the decertification election, or unfair labor practice charges.
c) The majority interest procedure shall not be used to decertify an employee organization.
(Source: Amended at 28 Ill. Reg. 7938, effective May 28, 2004)