TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER XV: DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
PART 3100 ILLINOIS CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT
SECTION 3100.440 AUTHORITY TO MAKE INSPECTIONS
Section 3100.440 Authority to Make Inspections
a) In carrying out its functions under the Act, the Department through its inspectors is authorized in accordance with Paragraph 1302 of the Act to enter controlled premises and conduct administrative inspections thereof, for the purpose of:
1) Inspecting, copying and verifying the correctness of records, reports or other documents required to be kept or made under the Act and the rules promulgated under the Act, including, but not limited to, inventory and other records required to be kept pursuant to this Part, order form records required to be kept pursuant to this Part, prescription and distribution records required to be kept pursuant to this Part, shipping records identifying the name of each carrier used and the date and quantity of each shipment, and storage records identifying the name of each warehouse used and the date and quantity of each storage;
2) Inspecting within reasonable limits and in a reasonable manner all pertinent equipment, finished and unfinished controlled substances and other substances or materials, containers and labeling found at the controlled premises relating to the Act;
3) Making a physical inventory of all controlled substances on hand at the premises;
4) Collecting samples of controlled substances or precursors (in the event any samples are collected during an inspection, the inspector shall issue a receipt for such samples to the owner, operator or agent in charge of the premises);
5) Checking of records and information on distribution of controlled substances by the registrant as they relate to total distribution of the registrant (i.e., has the distribution in controlled substances increased markedly within the past year and, if so, why?); and
6) Except as provided by law, all other things therein (including records, files, papers, processes, controls and facilities) appropriate for verification of the records, reports and documents referred to above or otherwise bearing on the above provisions of the Act and the rules thereunder.
b) Refusal by the registrant or owner, operator, agent or other person in charge of the controlled premises to allow inspection pursuant to this Part, shall constitute a basis for suspension or revocation of registration.