TITLE 77: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER j: SCHOOL-BASED/LINKED HEALTH CENTERS
PART 2200 SCHOOL-BASED/LINKED HEALTH CENTERS
SECTION 2200.90 STUDENT IDENTIFICATION
Section 2200.90 Student Identification
The Center must develop a collaborative relationship with other health care providers, insurers, managed care entities, the school health program, students and parents/guardians with the goal of reducing duplication of services, fragmentation and discontinuous of care.
a) The enrollment and registration processes must provide for effective collection of information regarding third-party billing resources and the identity of primary care providers. The Center may not deny access to care to students without insurance.
b) At the point of initial contact and/or any subsequent contacts with the student/family, efforts must be made to obtain current information on whether the student is a member of an MCE and/or recipient of services provided through a school-based/linked health center. This may be accomplished in the following ways:
1) contact with the primary care physician;
2) a question appears on the application;
3) the service provider solicits the information from the student at the time of contact;
4) a copy of the Medical Assistance Program Card or other insurance card, is requested;
5) the parent is contacted (school or home visit);
6) the parent and/or child consent (child release vs. parental release) to the Center obtaining the information (See 410 ILCS 210/1, 2, 3 and 4);
7) written policies are on-site regarding parental consent for treatment for easy reference by Center staff;
8) the Illinois Department of Public Aid hotline (800-226-0768) may be contacted regarding assignment; the child's name, date of birth, address and Medical Assistance program number (if known) will be necessary in order for the hotline staff to make the determination of assignment.