TITLE 77: SOCIAL SERVICES
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER j: SCHOOL-BASED/LINKED HEALTH CENTERS
PART 2200 SCHOOL-BASED/LINKED HEALTH CENTERS
SECTION 2200.30 ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Section 2200.30 Organizational Structure
The Center is organized and administered in a manner that ensures that it serves the health and health related needs of students in a high quality and cost-effective manner, promotes easy access to services, provides students with linkage information for after-hour service needs, assists students in learning how to appropriately utilize services within and outside the Center, and works with the student's primary care provider and insurer or managed care entity (MCE) to facilitate continuity of care.
a) The Center must establish and maintain an Advisory Board whose main purpose is to advise, make recommendations, and provide community support and feedback. The Advisory Board must be established before the Center is opened.
1) The board will include a minimum of eight members representing the following areas: school administration, school nurse, students, the medical community, the local health department, parents, clergy, youth service agencies and community leaders.
2) The board will meet not less than annually.
A) Meetings will be documented with written minutes.
B) The written minutes will be maintained at the Center for Department inspection.
The name and address of each person/organization with financial interest in the Center shall be submitted to the Department along with proof of adequate liability coverage for staff, clients, and facility.
c) Organizational Chart
1) An organizational chart must be kept on hand that:
A) outlines the role of the back-up provider(s), the Center, and the school.
B) reflects a clear line of authority for the Center.
2) The organizational chart must be reviewed at least annually and revised as needed.
d) Organizational Plan
1) The organizational plan shall be maintained in the Center and made available for public information.
2) The plan sets forth the organization, duties, responsibilities, accountability, and relationship of professional school and Center staff and other personnel.
3) All owners, administrators, professional staff, and ancillary personnel shall act in accordance with the policies and procedures.
4) The plan shall be submitted to the Department with the initial application and will be reviewed during regular site visits by Department staff.