TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACTIVITIES
PART 2080 ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM
SECTION 2080.320 PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM ADVISORY COMMITTEE (PMPAC)
Section 2080.320 Prescription Monitoring Program Advisory Committee (PMPAC)
A Prescription Monitoring Program Advisory Committee is established to aid in the implementation of the PMP and to advise the Clinical Director on the professional performance of prescribers and dispensers and other matters relevant to the PMPAC's field of competence.
a) The Clinical Director shall appoint the members of the PMPAC with the approval of the Secretary of the Department of Human Services.
b) The PMPAC shall consist of the following:
1) the Clinical Director who shall serve as the chairperson of the PMPAC;
2) four physicians licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches;
3) three pharmacists;
4) one dentist;
5) one podiatric physician;
6) one optometrist;
7) one advanced practice nurse; and
8) one physician assistant.
c) The PMPAC shall:
1) evaluate and recommend changes to the Illinois Controlled Substances Act [720 ILCS 570];
2) evaluate and recommend changes to the Administrative Rules regarding the PMP;
3) recommend inclusions of training materials for prescribers and dispensers regarding Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education programs;
4) at least on a quarterly basis, review the contents of the Illinois Prescription Monitoring Program website (ilpmp.org) to ensure that the contents are current;
5) at least on a quarterly basis, review opportunities for federal grants and other forms of funding to support projects to increase the number of EHRs integrating seamlessly to the PMP; and
6) at least on a quarterly basis, review and prepare any communication to be sent to all registered users of the system relevant to prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances.
(Source: Added at 41 Ill. Reg. 11909, effective September 13, 2017)