TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACTIVITIES
PART 2080 ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM
SECTION 2080.250 MAILING OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
Section 2080.250 Mailing of Controlled Substances
a) Controlled substances may be mailed if all of the following conditions are met:
1) The controlled substances are not outwardly dangerous and are not likely, of their own force, to cause injury to a person's life or health.
2) The inner container of a parcel containing controlled substances must be marked and sealed as required under the Act and be placed in a plain outer container or securely wrapped in plain paper.
3) If the controlled substance consists of prescription medicines, the inner container must be labeled to show the name and address of the pharmacy or practitioner dispensing the prescription.
4) The outside wrapper or container must be free of markings that would indicate the nature of the contents. [720 ILCS 570/312 (k)(1)]
b) No controlled substance may be mailed outside the United States, including US territories, without the mailer:
1) Registering the package with the DEA as an exported product as set forth in 21 CFR 1301 and 1309.
2) Obtaining the necessary permits, or submitting the necessary declarations for export as set forth in 21 CFR 1312 and 1313.
(Source: Added at 39 Ill. Reg. 6421, effective April 22, 2015)