TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER e: CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACTIVITIES
PART 2080 ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION MONITORING PROGRAM
SECTION 2080.210 ACCESS TO THE PRESCRIPTION INFORMATION LIBRARY (PIL)
Section 2080.210 Access to the Prescription Information Library (PIL)
a) Only a medical prescriber or dispenser may utilize the PIL.
b) A user may only access the PIL for a patient's medical treatment.
c) Development, modification and maintenance of the PIL is allowed by Department staff.
d) In order to expedite the approval and oversight of PIL applicants and users, the PIL must be managed by a licensed dispenser.
e) PIL staff determine if a PIL user applicant may become a PIL user by using the following criteria:
1) Applicant's first and last name;
2) Pharmacy, clinic or office street address, city, state and zip code;
3) U.S. Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number;
4) For a pharmacist's application, the pharmacy DEA number;
5) Illinois prescriber or dispenser license number; and
6) Business telephone number.
f) The PIL manager will review user applications that are unusual and render a professional decision as to whether access shall be granted.
g) The PIL manager will review the user access log for any unusual or improper activity by a user.
h) The PIL manager will directly monitor the development, modification and/or expansion of the PIL.
(Source: Added at 33 Ill. Reg. 17333, effective December 9, 2009)