TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER II: HEALTH FACILITIES AND SERVICES REVIEW BOARD
SUBCHAPTER b: OTHER BOARD RULES
PART 1126 SPECIALIZED MENTAL HEALTH REHABILITATION FACILITIES (SMHRFs)
SECTION 1126.440 MODERNIZATION
Section 1126.440 Modernization
a) If the project involves modernization of SMHRF service, the applicant shall document that the bed areas to be modernized are deteriorated or functionally obsolete and need to be replaced or modernized, due to factors such as, but not limited to:
1) High cost of maintenance;
2) Noncompliance with licensing or life safety codes;
3) Changes in standards of care (e.g., private versus multiple bed rooms); or
4) Additional space for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
b) Documentation shall include the most recent:
1) IDPH and CMMS inspection reports; and
2) Accrediting agency reports.
c) Other documentation shall include the following, as applicable to the factors cited in the application:
1) Copies of maintenance reports;
2) Copies of citations for life safety code violations; and
3) Other pertinent reports and data.
d) Projects involving the replacement or modernization of a SMHRF shall meet or exceed the occupancy standards for the categories of service, as specified in Section 1127.210(c).