TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER II: HEALTH FACILITIES AND SERVICES REVIEW BOARD
SUBCHAPTER b: OTHER BOARD RULES
PART 1125 LONG-TERM CARE
SECTION 1125.530 PLANNING AREA NEED - REVIEW CRITERION
Section 1125.530 Planning Area Need − Review Criterion
The applicant shall document that the number of beds to be established or added is necessary to serve the planning area's population, based on the following:
a) Bed Need Determination
1) The number of beds to be established for general LTC is in conformance with the projected bed need specified and reflected in the latest updates to the HFSRB Inventory.
2) The number of beds proposed shall meet or exceed the occupancy standard specified in Section 1125.210(c).
b) Service to Planning Area Residents
1) Applicants proposing to establish or add beds shall document that the primary purpose of the project will be to provide necessary LTC to the residents of the area in which the proposed project will be physically located (i.e., the planning or geographical service area, as applicable), for each category of service included in the project.
2) Applicants proposing to add beds to an existing general LTC service shall provide resident/patient origin information for all admissions for the last 12-month period, verifying that at least 50% of admissions were residents of the area. For all other projects, applicants shall document that at least 50% of the projected resident volume will be from residents of the area.
3) Applicants proposing to expand an existing general LTC service shall submit resident/patient origin information by zip code, based upon the resident's/patient's legal residence (other than an LTC facility).