TITLE 77: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER u: MISCELLANEOUS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 990 HEMOPHILIA TREATMENT FUND RULES
SECTION 990.70 AWARD AND USE OF GRANT FUNDS
Section 990.70 Award and Use of Grant Funds
a) Grant funds awarded by the Department shall only be used for the direct cost of administering, operating and maintaining a project to provide treatment or the administration of treatment to individuals with hemophilia. The following direct costs are examples of those for which grant funds may be used, when specified in the grant agreement:
1) personal services costs, including gross salaries and employer paid fringe benefits for full-time and part-time employees of the project;
2) contractual services costs, including but not limited to, fees for consultants and specialists, exclusive of consultant services for patient care; training and education costs; software; and telecommunications costs;
3) travel of personnel in carrying out authorized activities. Travel costs are the expenses for transportation, lodging and subsistence for personnel who are on travel status on official business for the applicant. Out-of-State travel requires prior written approval of the Department;
4) supplies/commodities, as required, which may include medical and educational supplies.
b) Payments to the grantee shall be made on a reimbursement basis.
1) The grantee shall use the Department's Reimbursement Certification Form or a reasonable facsimile to request reimbursement.
2) The grantee shall document actual expenditures incurred for the purchase of goods and services necessary for conducting program activities.
A) Expenditures shall be itemized on the Reimbursement Certification Form in such a manner as to establish an audit trail for future verification of appropriate use of grant funds.
B) Each item claimed on the Reimbursement Certification Form must be based on an expenditure traceable through the grantee's internal accounting system and shall include:
i) the check number or internal ledger transfer code;
ii) the date of payment;
iii) the dates goods or services were received or the period covered;
iv) a description of the goods or services for gross amount of the check or transfer; and
v) the amount claimed for reimbursement from the Department.
3) The grantee shall submit requests for reimbursement monthly or quarterly throughout the period of the grant. The final request for reimbursement shall be submitted within 45 calendar days after the end of the grant agreement period.
4) Requests for budget adjustments shall be submitted to the Department in writing and shall be received by the Department no later than 45 calendar days before the end of the grant agreement period.