TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER u: MISCELLANEOUS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 946 COMPASSIONATE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS PATIENT REGISTRY
SECTION 946.310 PHYSICIAN WRITTEN CERTIFICATION
Section 946.310 Physician Written Certification
a) A certification confirming the patient's debilitating medical condition shall be written on a form provided by the Department and shall include, at minimum, the following:
1) The qualifying patient's name, date of birth, home address and primary telephone number;
2) The physician's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, medical license number, indication of specialty or primary area of clinical practice, if any, and active controlled substances license under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act;
3) The length of time the qualifying patient has been under the care of the physician;
4) The qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition;
5) A statement that the physician has confirmed a diagnosis of a debilitating medical condition; is treating or managing treatment of the patient's debilitating condition; has a bona-fide physician-patient relationship; has conducted an in-person physical examination; has conducted a review of the patient's medical history, including reviewing medical records from other treating physicians, if any, from the previous 12 months; and
6) The physician's signature and date.
b) The physician written certification does not constitute a prescription for medical cannabis.
c) Applications for qualifying patients under 18 years old shall require a written certification from a physician and a reviewing physician.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 16753, effective December 15, 2016)