TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER u: MISCELLANEOUS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 946 COMPASSIONATE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS PATIENT REGISTRY
SECTION 946.260 RESPONSIBILITIES OF DESIGNATED CAREGIVERS
Section 946.260 Responsibilities of Designated Caregivers
a) A designated caregiver shall not receive payment or other compensation for services provided as a designated caregiver other than reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred in the provision of services as a designated caregiver. In the case of an employee of a hospice provider, nursing facility or medical facility, or a visiting nurse, personal care attendant, or home health aide serving as a designated caregiver, the individual shall not receive payment or compensation above or beyond his or her regular wages.
designated caregiver is responsible for notifying the Department within 10
business days after any change to the information that his or her registered
c) A designated caregiver shall carry his or her registry identification card at all times while in possession of medical cannabis.
d) A designated caregiver may:
1) Transport a registered qualifying patient to and from a licensed medical cannabis dispensary;
2) Obtain and transport an adequate supply of medical cannabis from a licensed medical cannabis dispensary on behalf of a registered qualifying patient;
3) Prepare medical cannabis for consumption by a registered qualifying patient;
4) Administer medical cannabis to a registered qualifying patient; and
5) Purchase only medical cannabis-infused products for use by registered qualifying patients under age 18.
e) A designated caregiver shall not:
1) Consume, by any means, medical cannabis that has been dispensed on behalf of a registered qualifying patient;
2) Sell, provide or otherwise divert medical cannabis that has been dispensed to a registered qualifying patient; or
3) Grow or cultivate medical cannabis on behalf of a registered qualifying patient.
f) The designated caregiver shall notify the Department promptly by phone and in writing within 10 calendar days following the death of the designated caregiver's registered qualifying patient.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 7712, effective May 15, 2015)