TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER r: WATER AND SEWAGE
PART 905 PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL CODE
SECTION 905.30 APPROVED PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEMS
Section 905.30 Approved Private Sewage Disposal Systems
a) The following systems are approved for private sewage disposal when designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in accordance with this Part:
1) Septic tank, Imhoff tank or aerobic treatment plants followed by:
A) Subsurface seepage field;
B) Seepage bed;
C) Sand filter (buried or re-circulating);
D) Waste stabilization pond;
E) 8 inch or 10 inch gravelless seepage system;
F) Chamber system;
G) Peat filter system; or
H) Subsurface drip irrigation system.
2) Aerobic treatment plant and NSF International/ANSI Standard 40 wastewater treatment systems discharging to supplementary treatment or to the surface, as provided in Sections 905.100 and 905.110.
3) Privies, chemical toilets, re-circulating toilets, incinerator toilets or compost toilets.
4) Holding tanks installed in accordance with Section 905.140.
5) Any other system for which a variance in accordance with Section 905.20(l) has been issued or for which an experimental permit in accordance with Section 905.20(m) has been issued.
6) Illinois raised filter bed preceded by a batch treatment aeration system.
7) Technologies approved by the Department under Section 905.20(t).
b) The Department will maintain a list of alternative components and technologies that have been approved under the Act. This list will be available at http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/prisewage.htm.
c) All other systems or components not listed undert this Part are not approved.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 14994, effective August 28, 2013)