TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER r: WATER AND SEWAGE
PART 905 PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL CODE
SECTION 905.30 APPROVED PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEMS
Section 905.30 Approved Private Sewage Disposal Systems
a) The following systems are approved for private sewage disposal when designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in accordance with this Code:
1) Septic tank, Imhoff tank or aerobic treatment plants followed by:
A) Subsurface seepage field;
B) Seepage bed;
C) Sand filter (buried or recirculating);
D) Waste stabilization pond;
E) 8 inch or 10 inch gravelless seepage system;
F) Chamber system; or
G) Peat filter system.
2) Aerobic treatment plant discharging to supplementary treatment or to the surface, as provided in Section 905.100 and 905.110.
3) Privies, chemical toilets, recirculating toilets, incinerator toilets, compost toilets.
4) Mounds designed in accordance with the requirements of the Private Sewage Mound Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 906).
5) Holding tanks installed in accordance with Section 905.140.
6) Any other system for which a variance in accordance with Section 905.20(l) has been issued or for which an experimental permit in accordance with Section 905.20(m) has been issued.
7) Illinois raised filter bed preceded by a batch treatment aeration system.
b) All other systems or components are not approved.
(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. 3074, effective February 10, 2003)