TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER p: HAZARDOUS AND POISONOUS SUBSTANCES
PART 845 LEAD POISONING PREVENTION CODE
SECTION 845.300 RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS FOR LEAD MITIGATION AND LEAD ABATEMENT ACTIVITIES
Section 845.300 Record Keeping Requirements for Lead Mitigation and Lead Abatement Activities
a) The lead abatement contractor shall retain the following information for every lead abatement or lead mitigation project conducted in a regulated facility in Illinois:
1) The name and address of the owner or its agent for whom the project was conducted;
2) A copy of the 7-day notification form and all revisions submitted to the Department prior to commencement;
3) Copies of the results of any lead inspection or lead risk assessment conducted in the regulated facility;
4) A signed copy of the Work Practice and Occupant Protection Plan developed for the regulated facility;
5) A copy of the written personal protection plan for the project;
6) A list of the names of the licensed lead abatement workers and lead abatement supervisors employed for each project, including a copy of their Department-issued lead abatement license;
7) A copy of the written assurance statement provided by the licensed lead abatement supervisor as required in Section 845.155; and
8) A copy of the final clearance evaluation results required by Section 845.225.
b) The records shall be retained for at least 6 years from the date the lead mitigation or lead abatement project was completed.
c) The lead abatement contractor shall provide a copy of the items listed in subsections (a)(1) through (8) to the owner of the regulated facility within 60 days after completion of the lead mitigation and/or abatement project.
d) The lead abatement contractor shall maintain the following records for as long as the company is licensed:
1) Completed license application form;
2) Proof of liability insurance for all of the time that the lead abatement contractor is licensed;
3) Medical monitoring records for all employees;
4) Copies of all correspondence from the Department; and
5) Records of all legal proceedings, lawsuits or claims that have been filed or levied against the lead abatement contractor during the time that it is licensed by the Department as a lead abatement contractor.
e) The lead abatement contractor shall allow the Department or delegate agency access to records pertaining to all lead mitigation and lead abatement projects conducted in regulated facilities.
(Source: Amended at 43 Ill. Reg. 2440, effective February 8, 2019)