TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
PART 795 TANNING FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 795.60 APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO OPERATE A TANNING FACILITY
Section 795.60 Application for Permit to Operate a Tanning Facility
a) Each person having a tanning facility in operation on the effective date of this Part shall apply to the Department for a permit to operate such facility within 90 days following the effective date of this Part or, thereafter, prior to acquiring or establishing the operation of a tanning facility. Application for the permit shall be completed on forms prescribed by and available from the Department and shall contain all the information required by the form and any accompanying instructions. Unless otherwise stated, the term "application" as used herein shall include original and renewal applications.
b) In the event of a change of ownership, the new owner shall apply for a permit to operate a tanning facility prior to taking possession of the property. A provisional permit may be issued by the Department until an initial inspection for a permit can be performed by the Department or its designated agent.
c) The Department shall require at least the following information on the Application for Permit to Operate a Tanning Facility form:
1) name, physical address, mailing address and telephone number(s) of the following:
A) the tanning facility;
B) the applicant (owner[s]) of the tanning facility;
2) the manufacturer, model number, serial number, year and month of manufacture, and type of each ultraviolet lamp or piece of tanning equipment located within the facility;
3) the primary function of the business in which the tanning facility is located;
4) the geographic areas within the State to be covered, if the facility is mobile;
5) copies of any posted warnings or other notices which are not required by this Part and which address the safe or proper use of tanning equipment and protective devices;
6) copies of consent forms and statements which consumers, parents or guardians will be required to sign pursuant to this Part;
7) names and addresses of the tanning equipment supplier(s), installer(s), and service agent(s);
8) a copy of the operating procedures to be used in the tanning facility;
9) the hours of operation of the tanning facility;
10) the name of the on-site manager of the tanning facility;
11) a signed and dated certification that the applicant has received, read and understood the requirements of this Part.
d) Each applicant shall provide such additional information as the Department may reasonably require.
e) Each initial application shall be submitted with a nonrefundable $250 fee.
f) Each annual renewal application shall be submitted with a nonrefundable $150 fee, except that each expired facility shall pay a nonrefundable $250 fee for renewal of the permit.
g) If the owner owns or operates more than one tanning facility, the owner shall file a separate application and submit a separate fee for each facility owned and operated.
h) Expired facilities that fail to pay a nonrefundable $250 permit renewal fee within 90 days after the permit expiration shall submit a new permit application and comply with requirements for new facilities in order to receive a tanning facility permit.
(Source: Amended at 20 Ill. Reg. 2422, effective February 1, 1996)