TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER m: FOOD, DRUGS AND COSMETICS
PART 750 FOOD SERVICE SANITATION CODE
SECTION 750.1865 MONITORS
Section 750.1865 Monitors
a) There shall be one approved monitor for every 35 students taking the examination.
b) Approved monitors for the State examination shall be restricted to individuals in one of the following groups and must complete and submit a monitor's agreement form, if the examination location is not a designated regional location. This form must be submitted 30 days prior to the examination date.
1) Illinois Department of Public Health personnel;
2) Local Health Department personnel;
3) State institution personnel; i.e., Department of Corrections;
4) Community colleges or university sponsored personnel; and
5) Department approved Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification instructors.
c) Testing organizations approved in Section 750.1855 of this Part must submit for Department review and approval criteria for approving monitors for their examinations.
d) The Department reserves the right to determine who may function in the role as a monitor for the State examination and to audit the performance of any monitor for any approved examination. The Department shall suspend or revoke permission to serve as a monitor in the event of a breach of test security, provision of assistance to students taking the exam, repeated failure to return exams within a timely manner, cheating, changing of students' answers, duplicating test materials, conflict of interest, and otherwise failing to comply with this Part.
e) The monitor shall confirm the identity of the individual who wishes to take the examination by photograph identification, driver's license or student identification card. In the event that the individual does not have a photographic identification card, a legal document which bears the individual's signature shall be acceptable.
f) The monitor shall confirm that the individual has taken an approved course prior to retaking the examination in one or more of the following methods:
1) Instructor at the examination site will confirm that he/she instructed the individual.
2) Individual submits the Department fail letter sent to him and the monitor confirms the name and address on the letter against the person's identification.
3) Individual submits the "Permission To Retake Certification Examination" form (see Appendix D) which has been signed by the instructor. The monitor must confirm the name listed on the form with the person's identification.
(Source: Amended at 22 Ill. Reg. 19009, effective October 1, 1998)