TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER i: MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
PART 672 WIC VENDOR MANAGEMENT CODE
SECTION 672.310 ANNUAL WIC RETAIL TRAINING PROGRAM
Section 672.310 Annual WIC Retail Training Program
a) Unless a Vendor has attended an initial WIC Retail Vendor training course, during the contract period, a representative from each Vendor Site shall be notified and shall participate in an annual Department sponsored training program. This person shall not represent more than one (1) WIC Retail Vendor Site at any annual training course.
b) Each training program shall include, but not be limited to the following topics: any changes to the USDA WIC Regulations, the Act, or the provisions of this Part, and issues relating to the WIC Vendor Contract.
c) A representative from each Vendor Site shall sign a certificate of participation in the training program.
d) A Vendor who meets the following criteria shall have the option of providing the annual WIC retail training to each Vendor Site only with written prior approval of the Department. The Vendor shall meet the following criteria:
1) the Vendor shall submit a written request to provide the training course and all materials which shall be used in the course which shall include the subjects specified in Section 672.300(b);
2) all WIC Retail Vendor outlets shall operate under one FEIN;
3) the Vendor shall have a minimum of twenty (20) Illinois WIC Retail Vendor Sites;
4) Department representatives shall be allowed to observe the training; and
5) a certification of understanding of the WIC Program shall be completed and signed by the Vendor or his representative.
e) If the criteria in subsection (d) of this Section are met, the Department shall send a written notification permitting the Vendor to provide the annual WIC Retail Vendor training. This permission shall be valid for the period covered by the WIC Vendor Authorization.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 2450, effective February 1, 1994)