TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER i: MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH
PART 635 FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES CODE
SECTION 635.160 APPLICATIONS
Section 635.160 Applications
a) Distribution of Applications
1) All application materials will be developed and distributed by the Department to existing agencies or new projects in underserved areas based on need in the service area, experience in provision of services and plans to accomplish goals. These are included as Appendix C of this Part.
2) Distribution of application materials will occur on or before March 15th of the prior grant year.
b) Processing of Applications
1) All forms will be provided by the Department. These are included as Appendix C of this Part.
2) Application forms shall be submitted to the Department no later than thirty calendar days from the date of distribution.
3) The Department shall review the applications and request any additional information from the applicant as necessary, to complete or clarify the application.
4) Upon review of the application and recommendations from staff, the Director shall award grant funds to the approved applicants. The Department may award funds for amounts less than requested in the grant application contingent upon the number of applications, Federal funding levels, and State appropriations.
5) The Department will communicate final decisions to each applicant within 45 days of receipt of the completed application or upon notification of appropriation of funds.
1) As part of the project application, all applicants shall submit a budget proposal for the project period. The budget proposal shall be submitted on forms provided by the Department and shall include all information required in the instructions for their completion.
2) The budget shall be divided into major categories of cost. Not all categories will apply to all projects. In preparing its budget, each project should use only those categories applicable to its own operation, including justification for all equipment purchases.
1) All changes in any delegate agency's project plan and/or budget reflecting increases or decreases in the IDPH grant award, must be submitted in writing and must be determined by the Department to be in compliance with this Part, prior to the implementation of such change.
2) Each proposal for change shall include, at a minimum, a description of the proposed change and a justification stating why such change is necessary. Budget revisions shall specify the number of dollars involved, the type of changes proposed, and the reasons thereof.
3) Revisions may be required by the Department pertaining to a project's funding, duration and amount contingent upon changes in Federal and/or State funding allocations to the Department. Delegate agencies will be notified in writing of any required revisions.
(Source: Amended at 14 Ill. Reg. 20783, effective January 1, 1991)