TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER h: LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
PART 600 CERTIFIED LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT CODE
SECTION 600.410 REQUIREMENTS FOR IPLAN OR AN EQUIVALENT PLANNING PROCESS
Section 600.410 Requirements for IPLAN or an Equivalent Planning Process
a) IPLAN or a planning process equivalent to IPLAN shall meet the following requirements:
1) The process shall involve community participation in the identification of community health problems, priority-setting, and completion of the community health needs assessment and community health plan.
2) Community health indicators contained in the IPLAN Data System provided by the Department for assessment purposes or a similar, equally comprehensive data system developed by the local health department shall be utilized to structure the minimal content of the assessment. A local health department may use in its assessment such additional data available, describing the health of its population including natality, mortality, morbidity and risk factors for illness in its jurisdiction.
3) The process shall result in the setting of priority health needs.
4) The process shall include an analysis of priority problems that shall lead to the establishment of objectives and strategies for intervention.
5) The process shall include board of health adoption of the community health plan.
6) The process for developing an assessment of organizational capacity shall address:
A) the internal capabilities of the local health department to conduct effective public health functions, including an assessment of operational authority, community relations, information systems, and program management; or
B) an organizational strategic plan developed within the previous five years that assesses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the local health jurisdiction.
b) Upon written request of a local health department, the Department shall approve a planning process equivalent to IPLAN if the Department determines that the proposed equivalent planning process complies with the requirements of subsection (a) of this Section. If the local health department is not satisfied with the Department's response to its request made pursuant to this subsection, it may petition the Director to reconsider.
(Source: Amended at 28 Ill. Reg. 8762, effective June 3, 2004)