TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER h: LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
PART 600 CERTIFIED LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT CODE
SECTION 600.410 REQUIREMENTS FOR IPLAN OR AN EQUIVALENT PLANNING PROCESS
Section 600.410 Requirements for IPLAN or an Equivalent Planning Process
a) IPLAN or a planning process equivalent to IPLAN shall meet the following requirements:
1) The process shall involve community participation in the identification of community health problems, priority-setting, and completion of the community health needs assessment and community health plan.
2) The list of community health indicators published on the IQuery web site shall be utilized to structure the minimal content of the assessment. A local health department may use in its assessment IQuery data and additional data available that describes the health of its population, including natality, mortality, morbidity and risk factors for illness in its jurisdiction.
3) The process shall result in the setting of priority health needs.
4) The process shall include a review of the SHIP by the local health department and a description of the alignment or nonalignment between the priority health needs for the applicable local public health jurisdiction, as identified by the local health department, and the priorities to improve the public health system set forth by the SHIP.
5) The process shall include an analysis of priority problems that shall lead to the establishment of objectives and strategies for intervention.
6) The process shall include board of health adoption of the community health plan.
7) The process for developing an assessment of organizational capacity shall address:
A) the internal capabilities of the local health department to conduct effective public health functions, including an assessment of operational authority, community relations, information systems, and program management; or
B) an organizational strategic plan developed within the previous five years that assesses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the local health jurisdiction.
b) Upon written request of a local health department, the Department shall approve a planning process equivalent to IPLAN if the Department determines that the proposed equivalent planning process complies with the requirements of subsection (a). If the local health department is not satisfied with the Department's response to its request, it may petition the Director to reconsider.
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 3454, effective March 9, 2017)