TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER h: LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
PART 600 CERTIFIED LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT CODE
SECTION 600.200 PROVISIONAL CERTIFICATION
Section 600.200 Provisional Certification
a) A local health department that serves one or more counties and that is not a Certified local health department may make application for Provisional Certification. Such application shall be submitted to the Department by letter, memorandum, or similar document signed by an authorized representative and shall include a written commitment to the Department to complete IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN within two years after Provisional Certification is granted.
b) Upon submission of a complete application, the Department shall have 60 days to review the application. Provisional Certification shall be granted by the Department to any local health department that meets subsection (a) of this Section. Provisional Certification shall expire upon Certification of the local health department or two years after the date Provisional Certification was granted, whichever is shorter. Provisional Certification may be renewed as provided in subsection (c) of this Section.
c) A local health department that has been granted Provisional Certification may apply for renewal of Provisional Certification. Such application shall be made at least 30 days prior to expiration of the Provisional Certification by submitting to the Department a letter, memorandum, or similar document signed by an authorized representative. The application shall describe activities that the local health department performed during the current term of Provisional Certification and future activities that will be undertaken during the renewal term that would be expected to result in the completion of IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN.
1) Renewal applications that are complete and received by the Department no later than 30 days prior to the expiration of Provisional Certification shall be considered by the Department.
2) The first renewal of Provisional Certification shall be made if the Department determines, on the basis of the application, that the applicant can be expected to complete IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN by conclusion of the renewal term.
3) The second renewal of Provisional Certification shall be made if the Department determines, on the basis of a written explanation submitted by the local health department, in addition to the application for renewal specified in this subsection (c), that the applicant can be expected to complete IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN by conclusion of the second renewal term. The explanation shall include documentation of the incomplete elements of IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN with their expected completion dates and the reasons why the local health department did not complete IPLAN or an equivalent to IPLAN within the first renewal term.
4) A renewal of Provisional Certification granted by the Department shall not exceed 12 months.
5) No more than two renewals of Provisional Certification shall be granted to a local health department.
d) A provisionally Certified local health department is eligible to apply for a Local Health Department Development Grant, pursuant to the Department's Local Health Department Development Grant Rules (77 Ill. Adm. Code 610).
e) The Department may conduct an on-site review of the local health department and such documents necessary to determine substantial compliance with this Section.
(Source: Amended at 22 Ill. Reg. 14474, effective July 24, 1998)