TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO INCREASE ACCESS TO PRIMARY HEALTH CARE AND SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS
PART 598 ALLIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE CODE
SECTION 598.120 CRITERIA FOR SELECTING SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Section 598.120 Criteria for Selecting Scholarship Recipients
a) Preference shall be given to those scholarship applicants who, in written narratives and personal interviews, demonstrate the following:
1) Interest in pursuing a degree and licensure or certification as a certified nurse practitioner, physician assistant, certified registered nurse anesthetist or certified nurse midwife;
2) Previous experience with medically underserved populations;
3) Previous experience in rural practice, with preference given to those whose experience has involved one of the primary care specialty areas;
4) Academic capabilities as reported by the applicant's approved school;
5) Financial need as reported by standard financial analysis documentation supplied by the applicant's school on the student's behalf;
6) Greater number of years of school remaining;
7) Stated interest in providing primary health care to citizens residing in designated shortage areas of Illinois;
8) Most number of years of residence in Illinois; and
9) United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.
b) Of all applicants, priority shall be given to those individuals who have previously received a scholarship, provided that:
1) Recipient requests, in a format determined by the Department, a continuation of scholarship funds;
2) Recipient would not be repeating the same year of school for the second consecutive year because of poor academic performance; and
3) Recipient has not voluntarily withdrawn from school.
c) When the number of applicants is sufficient, scholarships will be equally distributed among all applicants by profession.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 2345, effective January 27, 2012)