TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO DENTAL AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
PART 597 NURSING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
SECTION 597.110 APPLICATION
Section 597.110 Application
a) The Department will prepare and make available an application on the Department's website (see Section 597.105(a)) or upon written request.
b) The Department will accept applications March 1 through April 30 of each year. Applications received after the submission deadline of April 30 will not be considered.
c) In addition to the application, applicants shall submit the following documents to the Department:
1) A copy of the applicant's enrollment or acceptance for admission to an approved institution's nursing program in Illinois;
2) A copy of the applicant's Illinois driver's license or State-issued identification card documenting that the applicant has been an Illinois resident at least one year prior to applying for a scholarship;
3) A copy of the applicant's notarized birth certificate, copy of the applicant's documents demonstrating that he or she is a naturalized citizen, or documentation that the applicant is a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.;
4) A copy of the applicant's SAR;
5) A copy of the applicant's official transcripts;
6) A copy of the applicant's Illinois nursing license (if applicable); and
7) A statement that the applicant has or has not defaulted on an educational loan.
d) When received, the Department will determine if the application is complete. A review will determine whether all applicable requirements have been addressed and whether all required materials and documentation have been submitted.
1) If the application is complete, the applicant will be considered for a scholarship (see Section 597.220).
2) If the application is incomplete, the Department will notify the applicant in writing. The applicant will have until May 31 to submit requested information or materials. If the applicant does not, within the time prescribed by the Department, provide all requested materials and information, the application will be null and void.
e) Each person applying for a scholarship shall be provided with a copy of Section 6 or 6.5(e) of the Law at the time of application. (Sections 6 and 6.5(e) of the Law)
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 7113, effective April 21, 2016)