TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO INCREASE ACCESS TO PRIMARY HEALTH CARE AND SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS
PART 594 DISTRIBUTION OF MEDICAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PAYBACK FUNDS
SECTION 594.420 PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
Section 594.420 Project Requirements
a) Projects to be funded through this Subpart shall respond to requests for proposals distributed by the Department which delineate project expectations.
b) Examples of projects to be addressed in the requests for proposals distributed by the Department include but are not limited to the following:
1) special experiences for medical students and residents that may result in an increase in the number of family physicians available for Illinois' rural areas and its medically underserved areas;
2) educational programs to increase the teaching skills of practicing physicians who are, or want to become preceptors;
3) educational programs to increase the teaching skills of family medicine faculty to better prepare students and residents for practice in rural and in medically underserved areas;
4) innovative teaching models for students and residents interested in practices serving rural and medically underserved populations;
5) interdisciplinary teaching models for health professional students;
6) educational support programs to develop and maintain an interest in family medicine and other health professions for interested students from rural areas and medically underserved areas.
c) Projects shall identify a director who is responsible for administrative and fiscal management of the project.
d) Project directors shall annually submit fiscal and program objective reports as detailed in the Department's request for proposals.