TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO DENTAL AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
PART 590 FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY CODE
SECTION 590.220 CRITERIA FOR SELECTING SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Section 590.220 Criteria for Selecting Scholarship Recipients
a) Preference shall be given to those scholarship applicants who, in written narratives and personal interviews, demonstrate:
1) An interest in pursuing one, or a combination of, the medical specialties of family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, or obstetrics/gynecology;
2) Previous experience with medically underserved populations;
3) Previous experience in the health care delivery system, with preference given to those whose experience has involved one of the primary care specialty areas;
4) Academic capabilities reported by the applicant's medical school;
5) Financial need as reported by standard financial analysis documentation supplied by the applicant's medical school on the student's behalf;
6) A greater number of years of medical school remaining;
7) A stated interest in providing primary health care to Illinois citizens residing in designated shortage areas of Illinois;
8) The greatest number of years of residence in Illinois; and
9) United States citizenship, or being granted permanent residency in the United States by the United States Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Service.
b) If applicants qualify equally in all of the criteria referenced in subsection (a), preference will be given to those interested in pursuing the specialty of family practice.
c) Of all applicants, priority is given to those individuals who have previously received a Medical Student Scholarship, providing that the:
1) Recipient requests a continuation of scholarship funds;
2) Recipient would not be repeating the same year of school because of poor academic performance (see Section 590.200); and
3) Recipient has not voluntarily withdrawn from medical school.
d) Selection criteria will be applied with advice and review of the Advisory Committee.
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 14089, effective August 4, 2011)