TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO DENTAL AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
PART 590 FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY CODE
SECTION 590.150 GRANT AWARDS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Section 590.150 Grant Awards, Terms and Conditions
To issue a grant award, the Department and grantee will enter into a written grant agreement. This agreement will describe the requirements the grantee must fulfill (based on the goals and objectives in the application) and how the grantee will ensure compliance with all applicable stipulations and conditions.
a) The written grant agreement shall contain, at a minimum, the following:
1) Identifying information of the grantee, including name, mailing address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address;
2) A description of the grant's purpose;
3) Information on how payments to the grantee will be made;
4) Details on what constitutes permissible expenditure of grant funds;
5) Reporting requirements applicable to the grant, including the filing of quarterly reports, at a minimum (for those grants exceeding $25,000), that describe the project's progress and a detailed report of funds expended;
6) The time period of the grant;
7) Certification that the grantee will comply with all applicable provisions of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act;
b) Grant funds that the grantee does not expend or obligate by the end of the grant agreement shall be returned to the Department within 45 calendar days (see Section 4(b)(5) of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act). The 45 calendar day time frame begins the day after the grant agreement expires. Returned funds will be deposited into the fund from which the original grant disbursement to the grantee was made.
c) Grantees are required to keep proper, complete and accurate accounting records of all grant funds received from the Department.
d) If a grantee dispenses any part or all of the grant funds to another person or entity for obligation or expenditure, those dispensed funds shall be treated as grant funds. (Section 12 of the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act) As such, the person or entity that receives the grant funds from the grantee will be subject to all applicable Sections of this Part.
e) Each award by grant of State funds of $250,000 or more for capital construction costs or professional services is conditioned upon the recipient's written certification that the recipient will comply with the business enterprise program practices for minority-owned businesses, female-owned businesses, and businesses owned by persons with disabilities of the Business Enterprise for Minorities, Females, and Persons with Disabilities Act and the equal employment practices of Section 2-105 of the Illinois Human Rights Act. (Section 45 of the State Finance Act)
(Source: Added at 35 Ill. Reg. 14089, effective August 4, 2011)