TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO DENTAL AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
PART 590 FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY CODE
SECTION 590.120 PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
Section 590.120 Project Requirements
a) Applicants for projects to be funded through this Part shall respond to requests for proposals distributed by the Department and delineating project requirements.
b) Requests for proposals prepared by the Department shall address one or more of the following goals:
1) to increase the number of family practice physicians in Designated Shortage Areas;
2) to increase the percentage of obstetricians establishing practice within the State upon completion of residency;
3) to increase the number of accredited family practice residencies within the State;
4) to increase the percentage of family practice physicians establishing practice within the State upon completion of residency; and
5) to provide funds for rental of office space, purchase of equipment and other uses necessary to enable family practitioners to locate their practices in communities located in designated shortage areas.
(Section 4.01 of the Act)
c) Projects shall have a director who is a board certified family practice physician who oversees the educational and professional components of the program and who is eligible to be a faculty member of a school of medicine or a school of osteopathy.
d) Project directors shall annually submit fiscal and program objective progress reports to the Department.
e) The applicant shall also demonstrate local support for the program. Local support can be demonstrated through funds, services or other resources. The ratio of State support to local support shall be determined by the Department in a manner that is consistent with the purpose of the Act. (Section 6 of the Act)
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 14089, effective August 4, 2011)