TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS TO DENTAL AND MEDICAL STUDENTS
PART 590 FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY CODE
SECTION 590.60 ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENCY PROGRAMS
Section 590.60 Advisory Committee for Family Practice Residency Programs
The Advisory Committee for Family Practice Residency Programs consults with the Director in the administration of the Act. (Section 5 of the Act) The Department is required to consult with the Committee in the determination of Designated Shortage Areas, eligibility criteria for the allocation of grants and the awarding of scholarships. (Section 4.09 of the Act)
a) The Committee shall consist of nine members with the following composition:
1) Four members shall be family practice physicians;
2) One member shall be a dean or associate dean or deputy dean of a medical school in Illinois; and
3) Four members shall represent the general public. (Section 5 of the Act)
b) Committee appointment:
1) The Director shall appoint individuals to the committee.
2) Membership on the committee shall be for a term of four years.
3) No person shall serve more than two terms.
4) A committee member shall continue to serve after the expiration of his or her term until his or her successor has been appointed. (Section 5 of the Act)
c) Committee structure:
1) The Committee shall elect a chairperson from among the family practice physician members.
2) The Committee shall elect such officers as may be required. (Section 5 of the Act)
d) The Committee shall meet as frequently as the Director deems necessary. (Section 5 of the Act) However, the committee shall meet at least annually.
(Source: Added at 35 Ill. Reg. 14089, effective August 4, 2011)